[at-l] Weekend Hike

Eight of us met this weekend in GA on the Chatooga River (Rainmaker, Brawny,
Steve(SLG), Pete and Sue(Bookworm), Viking, and Dan and myself.  We hiked 2
miles before we camped, then we dayhiked to Ellicot Rock (an ancient
surveyor's mark).  Of course it was neat watching everyone unload their gear.
 Steve designed and sewed his pack.  We (the ladies) were all impressed.
There were at least 3 esbit stoves.  Viking was hilarious, but was so gross
he almost was pummeled with walking sticks by the ladies.    Viking and
Rainmaker are planning at least 800 miles on the PCT next summer...sigh.   I
invited Brawny (a very petite lady who hikes in skirts) to come visit us and
hike our mountains.  She's from the midwest, poor thing.   She said
everything is either paved or plowed where she lives.
       Anyway, we all had a great time and were able to put faces to names
(they're all on Rainmaker's Yahoo ATChat.  I'm certain we'll all get together
again some time.    Gutsy