[at-l] Dog Hikes

I hike with my dog and refuse to go into shelters or even near them if I can
help it.  SHe is obviously perfect but I know that when I am around other
folks dogs how uneasy I am even when the  "dog won't bite".  I just think
that this is basic consideration of others.  Then again, I wont sleep in a
shelter when I am without a dog because of my snoring.

I do let her off the leash and run around.  THis bothers me since she can not
only bother folks but also goes into streams when others are trying to drink.
 I know that she carries less germs than do most people but it still bothers
me since it bothers others.

I hope we are at the point where we can be concerned with the feelings and
sensitivities of others, whether we are in the woods or wherever.