Re: [at-l] 3/4 Length Pads

At 09:24 AM 11/6/99 -0600, Leslie Booher wrote:

With a 3/4 length sleeping pad of either variety, why don't you put your feet on the mat and your head on something like your clothes stuff sack? It makes much more sense to me, but it seems that the people who use the 3/4 pads almost always let their feet hang off. That's why I always take a full-length Ridgerest: I couldn't decide which way to use the 3/4. Leslie

<<<<
I always figured that my torso needed the padding for me to sleep well and my lower legs/feet didn't. Now that assumes that padding is your only concern. If it's cold and your concern is insulation then by all means carry a full length pad.

Saunterer