[at-l] Wingfoot bashing and the double standard

Start reading this, if you do, realizing that I have NOTHING against
Wingfoot. I like him, and owe him breakfast.

Why is it that any discussion of Wingfoot is considered to be 'bashing'?
Wingfoot wants to BE the AT. He wants his site and lists to BE the AT.
Don't we complain about the AT? Don't we complain about the ATC?  The
AMC? It's part of the game. And, I've never heard anything close to a
threat. Just people saying "He did this. I don't like that."

By the definition of 'bashing' that we are apparently using here, the
things that Wingfoot has said and done regarding cell phones, gps, guns,
and a plethora of other 'issues', would also be considered bashing. Is
that okay?

I've read people 'discuss' many things here. Rusty's, Shaw's, Rainbow
Springs, The Barn, The Paradise...the woman in the shelter north of
Roanoke that I asked to marry me (what is her name?).  Some of it good,
some of it bad. Not bashing.

I'm not exactly sure what I'm saying here (go figure). But, I think that
Wingfoot has made himself and his site public entities, and therefore
targets of the opinions of the public. I think the worst part of the
occasional Wingfoot-related threads is that most of the discussion and
posts end up about whether or not list members have the right to express
their opinions about something Wingfoot has said or done, not about the
opinions themselves.

So, I guess I'm not saying to 'bash' Wingfoot. But, don't 'bash'  those
with Wingfoot opinions, either.

I need a foot massage.
--
Felix J. McGillicuddy