Re: [at-l] ruck

At 09:56 PM 11/4/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Two Ruck questions:
>
>1.)  Anybody from NH/ME/MA area going that wants some company for the ride?
>(I can't promise to stay awake in the car, but I can promise I won't snore
>... too loudly)
>
>2.)  Is it still to late to get a reservation?

There are still bunks available.....reservation reprint >>>>>more below

If you are reserving a space at the hostel, try and make them
take your credit card for a 50% deposit to make it official.
Previous reservations, made without a deposit have
sometimes disappeared.
The reservation dates are Fri eve Jan 28, 2000 and Sat eve Jan 29, 2000
Ironmaster's Mansion Hostel info
http://www.hiayh.org/ushostel/mdatreg/pinegr.htm
Ironmaster's Mansion reservation
Call 717-486-7575 between 5-10 PM, or 8-9 am
The fees are 12 per nite and a 5 dollar day use fee for Saturaday.
.
You must bring your own sheets or be charged an extra 2 dollars per nite
Latest word is that there is no camping allowed on the hostel grounds proper.

>What happens if I don't get
>a reservation ... can I go and camp  on the floor or something?

Last year some slept on the porch....brrrr but that was with Tom as
manager.  We don't really know how the new management will
want to run things <sigh>.  But as of now, about half the bunks are
booked so no need to panic yet.
Last year, in November, there were only a handful of reservations
made.  I asked that the people that could reserve early would, in
order to show our good intentions so the Hosteling organization
would not book another big group in there that weekend.  I think
we are OK now.....will know more soon.

AND Paul asked
hey i will camp outside too... but i am curious as to the arrangements there
and stuff.

There are 74 primitive camping sites available nearby in
PINE GROVE FURNACE STATE PARK . The hostel is in the park.
So if you have the gear and the guts for a little PA winter camping....
for PINE GROVE FURNACE STATE PARK info
http://www.parec.com/state_parks/pinestpk.htm
for PINE GROVE FURNACE STATE PARK reservations
1-eight eight eight-727-2757
PA residents $11 a night Non-residents $13 a night
Campers must also pay the day use fee for the hostel
The closest motels are probably in Carlisle PA.about 15-20 miles away

Plenty of campsites.....no worry there!!!!  When I go down to meet
the manager, I'll check to see if there is a map of the campsites that
we could put on the website.