Re: [at-l] Good reads

At 06:46 AM 11/4/99 -0500, hudsom@us.ibm.com wrote:
>OK, so sometimes it takes a while for my brain to catch up to a thread, but
>I had a sleepy thought for a good thru-hike book this morning - - - Zen And
>The Art Of Motorcycle Maintainance - - -

That book was "in" when I was in college but I didn't get around to reading
it until many years later after many people had urged me insisting I'd love
it. I read it. I didn't love it. The protagonist drives himself insane
obsessing over the meaning of the word 'quality', then gets sort of stable
through drugs and therapy. He finally gets his head straight again on a
cross country motorcycle trip. Catchy title but, like many titles, it
really had nothing to do with the story. It's on my short list of books
that were a waste of good reading time.

Saunterer