Re: [at-l] GEAR question (!!!!)

Excuse me, but do you have feelings about this? I'm not quite sure I
understand your opinions regarding this gear.

;-)

I suppose I should have added the "YMMV" axiom to my note, but in the week
I have used the Ridgerest (grey roll up closed cell 14 oz pad), I had as
good a padding as with my 3 pound Thermarest. There was no real significant
cold to suggest advantage regarding insulation value. I just simply found
that both pads tend to slide around the same, that the ground is similarly
transmitted to my body, and that after 2-3 days of hiking, I can sleep
comfortably and soundly on just about anything. I didn't need to carry the
repair kit, and I didn't have to blow up the Thermarest that instructs me
not to blow it up.

But comparing the Thermarest to a Cadillac? Okay, made in USA, bulky,
expensive, and frequently needs inconvenient repairs. Yes, I see your
point. I guess you see why I prefer an inexpensive, simple and reliable old
foreign car.

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA