Re: [at-l] GEAR question (!!!!)

Jennifer Delia Sawyer wrote:

> The Bug who is Orange sayeth:
>
> >I don't think you will notice any difference between the Ridgerest and the
> >Thermarest. It surprised the heck out of me, especially as the Ridgerest is
> >cheaper and lighter
>
> Really?  Anybody else have any thoughts on this?

I have both now.  I bought a Thermarest and it didn't last one night!!
It got a puncture. It got five or six punctures before I realized I was
attempting to sleep on crushed scoria (I was setting up in the dark)
which punctured the Thermarest trough ground tarp. Now I don't know when
or where I'd use it. Maybe in a cabin.

Turtle