[at-l] Newcomer leaving this list

Hello Folks,

I'm planning a thru-hike this coming year and thought I'd check this group
out, see what type of people are here.
Sadly, I have decided to leave as a result of the recent spat about one's
right to denigrate someone else. From an objective viewpoint, that is exactly
what today's posts have been about. I think folks should know that as an
outsider, what  I saw was this:
someone wrote a request that people not  attack someone else,
people responded by attacking that other individual.
I don't expect you'll agree with my assessment, I don't really care, I just
thought that you should know how it appears to people who don't know you.

Good Luck