Re: [at-l] RUCK $

Well, this is one person who thinks you said what needed to be said. It is
a shame that WF feuds with his customers, but it is his privilege. I
strongly suspect that the initiator of this thread was jerking our chains
(and did an excellent job).

But, if WF wants to stand naked on I-40 and beg for money, all the more
power to him! There are some who have donated money to him to support his
website and such, and probably more who received good information and
assistance who should have. The degree of spleen that has been vented on
this topic is an embarrassment to our whole community.

BTW, I'm glad for the Bryson thread. I got a good book, a lot of laughs,
and an appreciation for other section hikers and their hiking partners. I
compare the "Bryson is the Hiker's Anti-Christ" thread to my "Don't Read
that Horrible Ann Rand" scam I've run on my kids and a few friends.

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA