Re: [at-l] RUCK $

>Of course some of the money could be offered to TrailPlace in the following
>manner.  After the collection is taken, all receipts are in, we throw it
>all up in the air.  What the great god Wingfoot wants, he'll catch.
>Anything that falls back to the ground is spent elsewhere.

Ok, I know a bunch of you are going to hate me for this, but I gotta say it
anyway:

While I can understand the various points of view here, I really, really
don't think this is the place to be facetious and/or malicious about WF or
his practices.  He definitely has his own opinion on things (y'all can agree
on that right), and there are many cases of disagreement, but at the same
time lots of you rely on his trail guide, AND he has promoted the AT and
hiking, something we all do, at least by example, in our own lives.  Simple
facts are fine, but personal attacks disturb me.  How easy it is to go from
joke to attack... remember the Bryson threads?  Just let it be.

If you listened, thanks,
Sandpiper

--
Where you've been is dead and gone