[at-l] The Place and the RUCKmoney

I have received a couple emails suggesting that The Place in Damascas
would be a good place for the Ruck money.  I know we said the money
would go to the ATC to be dedicated to maintenance but the Place seems
to need maintenance too.
Since the Ruck started here, I am coming to you all for input.

Please vote for one

1) All money should go to the ATC
2) All money should go to the Place
3) Split the money between the two
4) Wait for the Ruck and take a vote there.

I'd especially like to hear from the folks who are donating goodies for the
auction and the raffle.
I'm going hiking for a couple days so let's set the voting to go till Friday.

Maybe there are some of you who think this is a big to do about nothing.
But I have put myself in a position where I am asking people for money
and I haven't done that since I peddled Girl Scout Cookies <G>.

I want to be really careful that you all know what's going on with the money,
every step of the way, so you have no qualms about donating your slightly
used gear or buying raffle tickets.

To tell you the truth, this is soooo unlike me.  I never put myself out on a
limb.  I think it is only the idea of 'giving something back to the
Trail'  that
has moved me from my usual role of jokester into this role of fundraiser,
and the boots don't fit real well <VVVBG>.

So........vote for your choice and save me from having to make the decision.

Signed k.....whose gonna go talk to the trees and the rain...

(HMMMM....yeah..right .......that should fill them all with confidence<VVVBG>)