[at-l] Marriage on the Trail

Well, I am now registered as a minister in New York City to marry people, so
if any of you AT hikers decide to turn honest in New York while I'm hiking
there then let me know and we can make it legal.

Seriously, I just got back from NY where I performed the wedding ceremony
for my daughter in a studio loft on Bowery street in Chinatown on Halloween
day (and people think I'm weird just for hiking a single month on the AT!!).
Got a free scoop of Ben & Jerry's at one of their scoop shops and talked a
little trail trash to anyone who would listen.  Great experience.  I'm
looking forward to getting to New York State in a few years of section
hiking.  The clergy license is permanent, so watch my entries for the
opportunity to get married off by fellow "hiker trash" in the future.   ----
"Scodwod"