Subject: [at-l] AT: The First Fifty Miles
Author:  JoelShiver@aol.com at ima
Date:    10/31/99 6:13 PM

And as soon as I finalize a gear list I'll post it; and, after it's been
picked apart, I can re-finalize it.  But aside from clothes for cold weather,
and the basic weight of tent and pack (and, maybe, Thermarest), I am going
Spartan.

       ()
       /\
      /  \
     /    \
    /      \    Joel Shiver
   /        \   Rivertripper

If a man can pack a heavy load across a portage, if he can do whatever he has to
do without complaint and with good humor . . ., and if he can somehow keep alive
a spark of adventure and romance as the old time voyageurs seem to have done,
then any expedition becomes more than a journey through wild country.  It
becomes a shining challenge and an adventure of the spirit.  Sigurd F. Olsen,
The Lonely Land