[at-l] Weekend

Well well well. I went hiking in central Texas over
the weekend. You know, the police in the Hill Country
of Texas have what looks like cow catchers on the
front of their squad cars. Hmmm. !?! Uh-oh...

Very pretty countryside. I climbed Enchanted Rock (a
big bulging piece of granite about 70 miles north of
San Antonio) and was treated to a wonderful,
spectacular sunset on Halloween Eve. Some guy was up
there trying to hang glide off the top but the wind
was too irregular in direction to let him do it safely
-- he ended up tangled in his cords. A storm had come
through earlier in the day and the granite was covered
with little puddles of water -- made for interesting
photo opportunities. Enchanted Rock is enchanted
supposedly because weird sounds are heard from up
there. I heard the sounds -- they were weird alright,
particularly since it was Halloween weekend. I guess
the sounds come from the expansion and contraction of
the granite after cold fronts and rain storms.

Driving along a state highway in Texas Hill Country, I
spied a yellow informational sign saying, 'Loose
Livestock'. Ummm, shouldn't those things be fenced in
or something? !?! Uh-oh...

Well I missed both herds Friday night. The Texas deer
that is. I guess it's my persona, not the Datmobile
that is the attraction to deer all over the continent.
I finally got so I hit the horn first, then swerved.
Last time in Ohio, Tony kept cracking up that I wasn't
honking the horn until *after* I was already past the
deer. Tony said I'd yell, then swerve, then honk the
horn. Now I think I instinctively know the sequence
better. It's only taken what...30 deer for me to catch
on?

I also missed the Armadillo this morning. I'll see
your Giant Beaver and raise you an Armadillo. If those
things aren't the weirdest looking creatures...they
look and run like a wind-up toy.

The Alamo was interesting as was the San Antonio
Riverwalk.

Saturday night I had a dream that Tony was a wide
receiver in a football game that had just finished. In
the dream I walked up to Tony and asked if he'd caught
any passes. He said, "No, but I used over 10% of their
memo pads!" I don't know what the meaning of that
dream is but it is still cracking me up when I think
about the memo pads. I'll have to tell him that one
next time I see him -- at our hike in White Cloud,
Michigan a couple of weeks from now (led by Mr.
Whipple I think).

Datto