Re: [at-l] Re: Amtrak

The Amtrak played a role in our section hike on our last section. We had driven
or rode the bus to other start points but the train for me was the greatest. We
boarded in Kissimee Fl and rode 24 hours to Penn Station N.Y. - no sleeping car
but did get a fair amount of sleep in the seat on arrival relatives gave us a
shuttle to the Mass/Vermont border. As a child I rode the train from Sask to
British Columbia through the Canadian Rockies and being a girl from the prairies
the mountains left a lasting impression and may even have fueled my desire to
hike the Trail. I also remember laying in bed as a child and listening to the
old steam engines make their way trough town. A great way to travel.
                                                                    Triathlon
Grandma