[at-l] International AT & FT

Just this morning we heard from Dick Anderson, President of the International AT, that Scott Galloway will arrive on Springer on 11/20.  Scott is working toward being the first southbound IAT thruhiker.  He'll be heading south from Springer, working his way to Key West.

Also heard today from Dan Smith of Dan Smith and Karen Berger fame.  Dan is section hiking the entire FT this winter, all in one direction, doing the sections as his teaching schedule allows.  He's planning on doing an FT book as well as several articles.  (For those of you in Florida, Dan is going to need some shuttles to start and end his sections.  Write me if you could help out.)

Joan Hobson, co-author of the definitive guide to thru-hiking the FT, will be doing her third FT hike this winter.

Looks like the Florida Trail will be busy this winter.

Joan
bluetrail@aol.com