Re: [at-l] Joel Shiver: My introduction (L-O-N-G)

In a message dated 10/27/99 10:14:13 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
JoelShiver@aol.com writes:

<< My son will graduate from high school in May of 2002.  In June of 2002, we
 want to ride Amtrak from Gainesville, Georgia to Maine, and walk back to
 Georgia.   >>

    Well, if you will not be starting your hike until June 2002, there is a
very good chance that Amtrak will be operating service to Portland, Maine by
then.  I love traveling by Amtrak (last week, I traveled from Denver to New
York on Amtrak) and would be glad to provide you or anyone else on the list
tips about Amtrak travel.

        Daniel Chazin