[at-l] Sleeping Bag Question

I posed this question on the "other site," but received no definitive
response.  Perhaps you trail bunnies and trail hares (?) will be of more
help.

I have a number of sleeping bags, which I have accumulated through the years.
 (This is one of the few advantages of having led a long life, enjoying the
outdoors.)  I am trying to decide which should be carried at what time/point
on the Trail so that I can make pretty accurate (although flexible)
instructions for my support person at home.

My -15 degree bag is good for in January through mid-March in the South.  I
know that.  But when/where would I probably want to move to my 20 degree bag?
 How about a 40 degree bag?  Okay, what about the fleece bag?  Which would I
want to receive back in the mail for use in Connecticut and Vermont?  When do
I go back to the -15 bag? (I believe I will want it for the Whites and Maine,
but will it be too warm all of the time?)

The perplexing thing is that the 40 degree and the -15 degree bags are my
lightest in weight.  The 20 degree bag is about a pound heavier than the -15
degree bag.

I will always have my silk bag liner (in the Robertson tartan plaid) with me,
of course.

And, oh yes, the other variable:  I sleep warm, maybe a little cold at first
and then, as the night wears on, maybe a little hot.  At the 4:00 AM drop in
temperature, if I'm not adequately "bagged," I'm miserable though.

I am setting up a list of when and where to ship things with my at home
support person, so I want to leave accurate information for her--as much as
possible.  Assume a departure from Springer in late January if what I heard
is true:  "another La Nina year just like the last one."  Also, assume that I
will be hiking in the 12 miles/day range.

Thank you for your help with this one.

Kinnickinic