Re: [at-l] Say No To Hanoi Jane

HikingHope@aol.com writes:
<< Thank you for passing on this information >>
Well, I don't thank him. It's disinformation.
Political spam, no more, no less.
I've seen this post in many forms, just as I've seen posts denying the
"details".
Sure, the fanatical right wing propagandists have excellent fiction writers
in their employ, who have added many "details" ( getting a prisoner killed or
beaten, spitting on prisoners, calling them 'baby killers', ect.) to Fonda's
time in North Vietnam, but that's no reason to believe everything their hate
mill churns out. It's also no reason to spam email lists with these 'urban
legend' posts. What's next? Is someone going post the 'little Timmy is
terminally ill and wants to get to the record book for getting the most
emails' one? Judge her if you will, but judge her based on what she did, in
what context, and not based on what emails you are forwarded.
<A HREF="http://www.chss.montclair.edu/english/furr/fonda.html">Jane Fonda,
broadcast from Hanoi August 22, 1972</A>
<A HREF="http://www.war-stories.com/Fonda4.htm">Vietnam Veterans' War
Stories!: Jane Fonda - Radio Hanoi Calling!</A>
<A HREF="http://www.rjgeib.com/thoughts/fonda/fonda.html">Jane Fonda in North
Vietnam</A> <
Jane Fonda-1972 on Hanoi Radio-
"I'm speaking privately to U.S. servicemen who are stationed in the Gulf of
Tonkin . . . . Seventh Fleet in the Anglico Corps (Marine spotters for naval
gunfire in the south of Vietnam.) You are very far away, perhaps, and removed
from the country you're being ordered to shoot shells at and bomb, and the
use of these bombs, or the condoning of the use of these bombs makes one a
war criminal.
The men who are ordering you to use these weapons are war criminals according
to international law, and in the past in Germany and Japan men who were
guilty of these kinds of crimes were tried and executed."
Jane Fonda-16 years later on 20/20-
  "I would like to say something, not just to Vietnam veterans in New
England, but to men who were in Vietnam, who I hurt, or whose pain I caused
to deepen because of things that I said or did," she began. "I was trying to
help end the killing and the war, but there were times when I was thoughtless
and careless about it and I'm . . . very sorry that I hurt them. And I want
to apologize to them and their families."