Re: [at-l] Weekend?

Subject: [at-l] Weekend?
Author:  Datto <datto994@yahoo.com> at ima
Date:    10/21/99 9:52 PM

Who's got big plans for the weekend?

Datto

______________________________________

     ********The untrained, pudgy, love-handle-equipped ectomorph wannabe
     Sloetoe slowly pulls the Krispy Kreme away from his open maw long
     enough to mumble:

     Going to "run" e.g. "compete" (HAAR!!!!) in the Knobstone Trail RX Run
     on Saturday morning. 5k, 10k, 10 mile, and half marathon loops, no
     prizes, great foodities afterwards. The run takes place on the Low Gap
     Trail I wrote my little nighttime <mis>adventure around last month.
     Should be an entirely different deally in daylight.

     Trail will be covered in a marvelous array of freshly dampened
     hardwood leaves that will only contribute to landscape texture and a
     marvelous aroma, but not camoflage hazardous conditions. (This sounds
     like wishful thinking, I know, but having run it for three years now,
     I can actually speak from experience.)

     Outside of the wonderful running environment, I will SUCK at any/all
     distances attempted. Not going to be pretty. I haven't even kept a
     running log since July's Grandfather Mountain, but if I look at what
     I've noted on my calender, I've run an average of (perhaps, and only
     to be generous,) ten miles PER WEEK since Labor Day. Gonnaaaa beeeeee
     UGLY!
     ~~~~
     I don't care. It'll be a fun ugly. And if I can run at least ONE
     downhill fast enough to make my eyes water (without running SMACK into
     one of those sturdy trailside oaks), I'll be a happy camper.

     Have just an ugly day, all!
     --TMc in Indy
     That ol' Sloetoe
     (Who is going to earrrrrnnnnnnn the name tomorrow morning.)

     Obligatory Hiking Note: Hey, the sponsor is the Indiana trails
     organization of which *I* am the board chairman. That should make it
     hiking-related enough, even if I've not been the most involved this
     past year. We're all trail users on the inside, no?

     ORN: Nah. Did 5 yesterday around the downtown concrete loop.
     Surprisingly, felt OK, too! But still glad I forgot to wear the Heart
     Rate Monitor. No need; I know when I'm sucking wind. Today? Right now:
     going to go over, warm up, flex out, open up some pores (yes, I'm
     taking the stairs), THENNNN hit the hot tub (Yes!), the steam room
     (Ohhh YES!), and the PowerBar. (OHH! OOOOOOOHHH!!) Orgasmic.

     You take it, sometimes, where you can get it.

     NP: Hundred Year Hall, GD: "Truckin'"