[at-l] More of the book?

Page 87, middle

I knew that he hadn't stolen the pizza. I also knew that the officer
knew he hadn't stolen the pizza. I was just getting back at him for all
the shi* he'd pulled in Connecticut. It was working, too. He was
nervous.

"Next time you steal a pizza, try to get anchovies, too" I said
sarcastically, so the officer could hear.
"I told you I didn't steal no pizza. Will you shut up, man?" his
nervousness left long enough for him to become angry. He looked at the
officer, "I didn't take the pizza, dude. I swear it."
"Who did?" the officer asked.
"I never saw no pizza. It wasn't there when we walked in. I don't even
know what she's talkin' about."
"You boys gonna be in town tonight?" the officer asked.
"Yes, sir" I said.
"Well, if I need you for more questioning, I'll come get you. Don't
wander off now, hear?"
"We won't. We'll be at the hostel." The officer's window went up as he
pulled away.  I picked up my pack and headed down the sidewalk. Dudley
yelled at me.

"Hey, the hostel's this way," Dudley yelled.
"No way in hell I'm staying at the hostel now. I'm outta here." I yelled
back as I hiked on.
"Oh, man" I heard him say as he headed back to the hostel. I never saw
him again.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA 98