Re: [at-l] Camera: to take or not to take.

In a message dated 10/19/99 11:49:54 AM EDT, markusmc@hom.net writes:

<<  But a camera?  Did anyone go on a thru hike and NOT take a camera? Did you
 regret it in anyway?

 There are already lots of photographs out there on the internet.  Plus I
 figure if I do take a bunch of photos unless I come up with some complex
 record keeping system, I probably will not know were most of the photos
 were taken one year later when I finally have them all piled up together.

 I would really like to get some opinions on whether or not to take pictures.

 Mark Pearce
 Sparta GA
 2000 yoyo

Take a camera. If your not sure you want to, then get a disposable camera.
Sent in the whole camera for processing. If you find that you do want to take
a lot of pictures. It would cost less to get a camera take you can just
change the film. Get prints and have the photos put on a disk (about $3.00
extra).

My record keeping system is:
1. I write this on a pices of paper,
    a. Roll Number (AT1999TH0001 next roll would be AT1999TH0002 and so on)
    b. Date
    c. Location
    I then take a photo of this.
2. I use a small notebook, In it I put, this information:
    a. Roll number top of the page.
    b. Photo 1 (roll info)
Photo #     info about the photo like: time (if I think it is needed)
Location of what is in the photo or where it was taken from (landscapes). If
people are in the photo, then I list them from left to right as they are in
the photo. This is not needed for every photo,    signs have the info in the
photo.

Wildbill
GA to ME '89
GA to ME to GA Mar 92-Apr 93