More (quiet) inspirations was Re[2]: [at-l] Events today

     OK, just to keep it all in one spot, here goes.

     Got inspiration this morning from watching Lagunatic's "Trail Magic"
     AT video while I dressed for work. Lot's of neat passages in
     there......Well, that and little hints and flavors from at-l posties
     today leaves me with:

     There is a road, no simple highway
     between the dawn and the dark of night
     and if you go, no one may follow:
     That path is for your steps alone.

     (Ripple, by Robert Hunter, 1970)

     And as well, from a Nietzsche preface:

     For he who proceeds on his own path in this fashion
     encounters no one: this is inherent in "proceeding on one's
     own path." No one comes along to help him: all perils,
     accidents, malice and bad weather which assail him he has to
     tackle by himself. For his path is his alone.

     And to reinstall part of the quote in Datto's original post:

     When you start going public with your calling, you'll begin
     hearing people's rash opinions about it. 'You shall know the
     truth,' Flannery O'Connor once said, 'and it shall make you
     odd.'"

     Have a grateful day, Y'all.
     Sloetoe

     (Once in a while you get shown the light --
     in the strangest of places if you look at right.)