Re: [at-l] re: hiking boots <monadnock mountain>

At 11:13 PM 10/20/99 -0400, Paul Miller wrote:
>i have glimmering fond memories of it i
>do remeber putting holes in sneakers when i slid down some rocks

Wow.  This must have been an awfully long time ago.  These days, were you
to attempt to slide down the rocks of Monadnock, you would take out at
least 30 tourists carrying coolers and picnic baskets to the top.
Monadnock is more crowded on a sunny day than Copley Square in Boston ...
so much for getting away from it all.

If you do go, may I suggest timing your visit to coincide with a full moon?
 Hike it by moonlight.  The crowds are gone and the summit is incredibly
beautiful in the blue light of the moon.

;) Pooh