[at-l] Post Gathering Road Rules

Sitting here working on the Gathering poem and listening to James Taylor's
"Hourglass"  CD.  This is good stuff, folks -- the CD, not the poem!  :)   I
think you'd all love his song "Gaia".

Anyway, I'm reflecting on my car trip south from Hanover -- replete with
overheating, ask Redhead -- and thinking about the regional differences
between New England and Dixie.  The autumn leaves sure did the North proud.
I happened to see the color peak in NE Pennsylvania last week.

Strange thing in New England is the lack of billboards competing for a
driver's attention as we speed by with a wandering mind.  Here in the South
the billboards greet us with all kinds of messages and information, wanted or
otherwise.

So in my mind I'm trying to juxtapose the scenery of Vermont with that
classic Florida panhandle message identifying a place called Sheffield's as
"Jesus is Lord All You Can Eat Catfish Place"  or the wonderful New Hampshire
landscape with the fluorescent neon painted sign outside of Gainesville, FL
that lures us into the Cafe Risque with a sign "We Dare To Bare" or the
natural splendor of Connecticut compared with the sign in Ocala, FL
announcing the location of "Big Daddy Don Garlits Drag Racing Museum."  Oh,
the excitement.  The poetry of the highways.....

So I sit here trying to erect the poetry of the Gathering that will be like
the highway billboards, clutter for your wandering minds.....   So beware,
you clutter deprived New Englanders!

Happy trails,

Solar Bear