[at-l] direction choice summary

Thanks for the advice on which direction is better for a thruhike. I have
compiled a quick summary below:

South-North Benefits:

1) More opportunities to get a trail break early
   in the journey. No 100 mile wilderness.
2) Following Spring northward is beautiful
3) Thru-hiker support system in place for the
   entire journey
4) Bigger thru-hiker community going North.
5) Won't be in Maine during black-fly season
6) Won't be in Maine during mud season
7) Better water sources during entire journey
8) The heat is not as bad going north.
9) Swollen spring rivers in Maine can make stream
   crossings very difficult
10)Arriving in Maine and climbing Katahdin at
   the end of the trek is a more spectacular
   terminus. Best for last.

North-South Benefits:

1) My stock options vest on June 1st.

I still have more thinking to do on this topic. It is interesting to me that
most people who took the time to point out the perils of the southbound
journey went on to say that if they did it again, they would go south.
Hmmmm.

Well, thanks for all of the input!

-Sebastian