RE: [at-l] Gathering 2000

Yes, it's early to plan ANYTHING.  Hell, do we actually PLAN anything?  But
here are a few of my thoughts about this year's Gathering, and how to add to
the fun next year....
1)	Our group was split up at the campground by accident, I think, with some
going to "noisy" and some to "quiet" ... and we're all noisy, sorry, but
true.  SO...we need to have ONE campsite together next time.  More fun that
way.

Storrs in Hanover was new to everyone this year.  I think the next time
there having one site would be good idea.  I think the "Late Nighter's" site
would be a good spot.  The Concord College Gathering camping "one area"
worked fairly well.  Next years Gathering site I will visit in April as part
of my new duties.  I will keep you informed.

2) I missed having the group lunch.  Anyone else?

I did too.

3) Good idea / bad idea-run another session on not just the mailing lists
but also using the Internet for researching / planning your hike (ok, maybe
that's two separate sessions).  Any thoughts?  Volunteers welcome!

While sitting at the sign-in desk.  I was asked these questions fairly
often.
a) How do you email?
b) How do you receive and send email while on the trail?
c) Could you "show me" how to do email, email lists etc?
d) Basic computer advice.
e) Lots of questions about lists.  How many?  What types?  Price?
Maybe we could do multiple sessions and use a computer lab.  Finding
volunteers will be the hardest part.

4) Chase-where the heck was the AT-L banner?  That would have been SO COOL
to hang up in the Campground as a rallying point.

Will the sign be at the RUCK???

5)	Does anyone else find the term "listers" kinda weird? Got a better idea?
Makes me feel like I'm leaning to one side or the other...
The "Listers" is a dumb name and I thought it up.  It also might be
confusing to change it.  People at the Gathering do recognize it as part of
the Gathering.  Another question is, do we even need a name?  Though call on
whether to change or not.

Beau Bushor N1MJD
      "bleeder guy"

ALDHA (Appalachian Long Distance Hiking Association) http://www.aldha.org