[at-l] Music Music Music

At the Gathering they had a Contra Dance on Saturday night.  I tend to
listen to that sort of music anyway, so I stuck around for a while to
listen.  (I'm not much of a dancer).

The music seemed to be kind of a new experience to some of the people.  I'm
just curious what most people listen too on the trail?  I've seen day
hikers with walkman's (walkmen, walkpeople?), but never really pictured a
backpacker carrying one.  Do you?  What about instruments?  While I'm
thinking about it, How welcome are instruments in shelters, assuming you
can actually play them that is?

BTW, I read an article a while back about a Norwegian (I think) who crossed
(well, was attempting to cross) the Antarctic continent by ski.  He
listened to a Jimi Hendrix tape the whole way.

Thanks,
Tom

-----
http://mathomhouse.com