[at-l] The Gary Buffington Show

>Did anyone catch the Gary Buffington Show on medical issues on the trail?
I did.  It was really interesting.  I think he tried to show more than he
had time for, so he kind of ran out of time.

Also I'm not sure he had his audience pinned down real well.  Some of what
he said was really more appropriate for people with a little more medical
training/experience.  The pictures seemed to upset a lot of people, but
they didn't bother me.

I'm in a bit of a quandary with the whole wilderness medicine thing.  Some
things he (and others) have said to do violate the protocols I have to
follow as and EMT-B.  So, I'm not sure what to do about that.  I have been
under the impression that even if I'm not in my jurisdiction, I'm still
governed by my state's EMS protocols.  Any opinions?

Next year I'm thinking it would be fun to have an actual first aid class,
and give people the chance to practice splinting and carrying people in
stokes baskets and such.  Well, the stokes basket stuff would be just for
fun, I think basic first aid though would be useful.

Take Care,
Tom
-----
http://mathomhouse.com