[at-l] bad business

Has anyone had the problems I've had with Backpackgear that I've had?

I ordered a case of "Esbit" fuel on Aug. 8 of this year. It didn't
arrive in a reasonable period of time (10 days) so I tried to contact
them as I wished to use it on an up-coming hike. I tried e-mail and
phone. Chip, one of the owners did try to reply by phone and e-mail to
tell me it was backordered. By e-mail I requested that the order be
canceled and it was (including an e-mail from Chip saying it was
cancelled. Fine. I expected to order more later (perhaps enough for a
thru-hike), but to this day, even with many attempts to contact the
company (and Chip) by e-mail and phone--the 800 number as well as the
toll number. I got an answering machine on the toll number.

The refund has not been credited to my VISA card and I don't have the
fuel tabs.

Maybe someone can give me a clue as to how I can contact them to resolve
this.

You might think twice before buying anything from them. It appears to me
that they are a phone/website only and operate on backorders instead of
stock.

Their website is: http://www.backpackgear.com

Turtle