[at-l] employment...

i have finally found out where i will be spending my winter months -
Clarksville, Tennessee.  i start work at Trane on monday and will be there
through february.  the AT will be within striking distance (3 to 4 hours),
so most weekends will be spent in north carolina introducing my sweetie
(margie) to more of the trail...

a week or so ago, margie and i were travelling south on I-81 and i pulled of
at the groseclose exit (virginia exit 54).  this is where the trail passes
under the highway.  margie hiked a quick one mile while i swung around to
get her, then we went to damascus and ate a quincies.  this past sunday, we
drove to springer and she hiked from the forest service road to three forks,
a total of 3.2 miles.  it was cold and rainy, and she had a glorious time.
so, look for margie and me anywhere from springer to damascus this winter...

anyone from the clarksville/nashville area?

pittsburgh