[at-l] Good news from Ironmasters!

Spending the eve at Ironmasters en route home from The Gathering, and spent
some time tonight talking to the temporary caretaker. She's the regional
manager, and is covering the place until December, when the permanent
caretaker moves in-- and she says he's great to work with. She's looking
forward to The Ruck being a good exposure to the new guy to learn about the
AT and thru-hiking.

But the better news-- this place is CLEAN!! Spic and span!!! Seems that the
cleaning hadn't been kept up in many years. If you recall how sick most of us
got after The Ruck last year-- well, seems that happened to most people who
stayed here around that timeframe last year. It's been dusted, powersprayed,
painted, fumigated, and I, who have a dust allergy, can sleep comfortably.

So when we invade in Jan, keep in mind we should give back by putting in a
decent work detail Sunday morn to make sure we leave the place as clean as it
is now...which is an amazing improvement over last year.

Cheers, Navigator
RuckStuff at http://friends.backcountry.net/ruck