[at-l] Song Lyric question for you over the hill reprobates

In an attempt to convince you that this is not an off topic post, let me
explain the mental meanderings that brought me to this subject.

Having spent Saturday afternnoon and Sinday (how's that for a Freudian slip?)
flat in bed, trying to recover from my aborted Gathering, I returned to my
routine of daily walks yesterday and continued again today, covering 9 and 11
miles, respectively.

 As I walked, I was thinking about the marvelous tribute to Ed Garvey at the
Gathering on Friday evening.  This led me to the thought of funerals and
tributes to Ed in particlar, and hikers in general.  Suddenly, a snatch of
verse came to mind, the opening lyrics to a song that I last heard probably
40 years ago.  It went like this:

Farewell to the mountains,
     Whose mazes to me,
Are more beautiful far,
     Than Eden could be.

I've spent most of the next 15 miles thinking about that and not being able
to remember any more than that one verse.  But that's still all that I can
remember of it.  Is there anyone out there that can tell me the name of this
song, the artist, or possibly even the rest of the lyrics?  I've already
spent several hours searching the web without any results.  Any help would be
appreciated.

Snail Male