[at-l] Great Day!

A friend offered to shuttle me today for a hike from Max Patch to Hot
Springs.  The only problem was that we were a bit fuzzy on the distance.  We
thought it was 8 miles and it turned out to be almost 20!   Fortunately, my
shuttle realized the mistake and picked me up at a road crossing 6 miles from
Hot Springs. (I had already run six this morning) The views on Max Patch were
wonderful, complete with fall colors.  I saw three southbounders...Daniel
Boone, Slim and Mango.   Are any of you local runners going to do the
Greenville News "Run for the Kids."  If so, do you want to meet after for
breakfast?   Also, if any of you know Maggie HIker, she will be staying with
me that weekend and we are hiking Table Rock that day.  Gutsy