[at-l] Fwd: Climber Alex Lowe Memorial

Dear Friends of Mountain Gear,

By now, you may have heard of the fate of Alex Lowe and David Bridges
on the slopes of Shisapangma in Tibet.  Alex and David were part of
an American expedition who planned to climb up and ski down the
8013-meter peak.  On October 5th the two were exploring the route
above base camp with other members of the team when an avalanche
broke 6000 feet above them.  Team members scrambled out of the path
of the wall of snow and ice.

Unfortunately Alex and David didn't make it.

Alex Lowe has long been regarded as one of the greatest climbers
in the world, but more importantly was a friend to the climbing world.
Even to those who never met him his accomplishments and personality
were felt.  Alex was a friend of Mountain Gear, having submitted
articles for our catalog, who presented slide shows in our Spokane
retail store and having been a key participant in our Ice Festival
last year.  We're sure you'll agree that not only the Mountain Gear
family but the entire climbing community will miss Alex.

His wife Jennifer, and three sons Max, Sam and Issac, who live in
Bozeman Montana, survive Alex. A memorial fund has been started in
honor of Alex's many climbing accomplishments and for the benefit of
his young family.  All contributions should be sent to:

The Fund for the Children of Alex Lowe,
c/o US Bank,
104 East Main Street, Bozeman MT 59771.

David Bridges is survived by both of his parents and his brother.

* To remove yourself from this mailing list, point your browser to:
http://www.postmastergeneral.com/remove?mgear
* Enter your email address (PaddyBeer@aol.com) in the field
provided and click "Unsubscribe". The mailing list ID is "mgear".

OR...

This message was sent to address PaddyBeer@aol.com