[at-l] The "Listers" events at the Gathering 99 in Hanover, NH

Hello Listers,

Here are the "Listers" events for the Gathering in Hanover.  If you have any
other ideas more can be added.

	"Sign in" will be next to the Gathering registration area all weekend.
(Volunteers needed)

We will have two Listers camping sites at Storrs Pond Campground.  Look for
the signs to the "I need Sleep site" or the "Late Nighter's site".

Friday 10:30 pm - Our first get-together will be at the end of the main
program in the auditorium.

Saturday 12 noon - 1 pm  "Listers Luncheon" at Collis Center Eatery
(downstairs).  We will have a reserved space to have lunch together.  You
will need to bring your own or buy your food there.

Saturday 5 - 6 pm "Listers workshop on Email lists & Newsgroups"  at Wilder
room 111
Presenters are:
1) John O'Mahoney - The Backpacking Light and List Moderator issues
2) Sandy Downs - Women's Lists
3) Nina Baxley - "Belonging to a Woman's List"
4) Kahley Hubitsky- AT-L
5) Tom Sweeting - The new ALDHA List and How to set up a list
6) Beau Bushor - Moderator and Newsgroups
   	We are planning to order-in pizza for after the workshop so we will not
be late to 7 pm presentation.  Anyone want to bring the beer, soda or call
in the order?

Sunday 11:15 am "Listers Group Photo" after the Gathering Family photo.
Anyone have a good camera?

Monday "Listers Trail Crew" some of us are going to join in on the 1 - 2 day
trail projects.  Final details will be worked out at the Gathering.  I hope
some of you can join us.  Here are some answers to questions asked by John
O'Mahoney.

>I volunteered at ATC office in Harpers Ferry but never on a trail crew.
>Some questions for you.

>1-	where is the crew going to do the work?
There are two trips this year.  One with Dave Hooke of the Dartmouth Outing
Club, on trails in the DOC area of New Hampshire.  He will have details at
the Gathering.
The other is with the Green Mountain Club on the old "AT" at Sherburne Pass
in Vermont, with Greg Western of GMC leading the way
>2-	how long is it scheduled for?
Both are a couple of days, so overnight Monday night and possibly Tuesday
night.
>3-	will we need to supply tents for sleeping arrangements?
Tents definitely needed for the Vermont trip.  I do not know what Dave has
in mind for the NH one.
>4-	do we supply our own food during this time?
Yes.
>5-	do I need to contact someone before hand?
We will have signups at the Gathering for both work trips.
>6-	they pay union scale right;)
Plus overtime.

That is the "Listers" weekend events for the Gathering in Hanover this year.
I want to thank all of the workshop presenters.  In addition, a big thanks
to Karine Kelleher the Gathering Coordinator for all of her hard work.  Safe
travels.
See you at the Gathering,

Beau Bushor N1MJD
      "bleeder guy"

Backpacking coming events:
There will be loads of backpacking activities including special guest
speakers, trail slide shows, presentations, equipment reviews, used
equipment sales and lots of just plain fun.
**ALDHA - East "Gathering 99", October 8, 9, 10, 11 (Columbus Day weekend)
in Hanover, NH; http://www.aldha.org