[at-l] Glucosamine/knee problems

This topic was discussed last year and following Saunterer's comments and
information, I put my geriatric dogs onto a Glucosamine/chondroitin
combination - at great expense.  After 7 weeks, from being unable to pull
herself to standing, the 14 1/2 yr old was chasing squirrels and is still
doing so.    All the three ancients I have now enjoy a far better quality
of life.

Saunterer also included reports from the AMA and American Pharmaceutical
Assoc who now recognise that there ARE benefits.   Perhaps he still has the
articles?

My pharmacist has a great demand for glucosamine from humans with joint
problems who find it most beneficial.  What I use now consists of
Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Calcium Carbonate, Vitamin C and Manganese
Sulphate - no chondroitin - and is much cheaper.

To quote from the insert:
"Glucosamine is a naturally occurring, non-toxic biochemical
constituent.  It is a key component of the cartilage and synovial fluid,
both of which provide a protective coatint to the ends of the bones in the
body, where they meet at the joints.  As we age, the body's natural ability
to restore and repair joint damage declines due to the reduction of an
amino sugar called glucosamine.  Glucosamine is formed naturally in the
body from glucose and glutamic acid, both of which are derived from dietary
sources."

Klipspringer has completed the sections he missed out in '97 and should be
finishing his repeat of the 100 mile wilderness tomorrow, in company with
Sweet Pea and Ned, who he met at that time.

His "American Saga" is nearly at an end.....

Pat