[at-l] east/west

At 09:00 AM 9/30/99 -0400, you wrote:
>  I have decided that the west is Macrochasm and the east
>is Microchasm.. I like the little stuff, the tiny mushrooms, the wildflowers,
>the GREEN!

I found the same thing.  To me the west was just soooo BIG!!!!  Big mountains,
big sky, big open. he Grand Canyon for example was sensory overload until I
got down into it and felt more....cozy.
  I had the same reaction to Florida.  I should have been
very happy there since I so love to snorkel.  But the openness got under my
skin and made me uneasy.  I never figured it out till I came home and realized
it was the green hills that had been in the corner of my eye all my life
that were missing.
I guess I just like the little mountains and the little glimpses of sky you
get in
an eastern summer.  A side benefit to that is that the leaf bare winter views
and open skys are a treat that takes some of the bite outta winter.