[at-l] east vs west

First, Lynn - could we talk you into posting that incredible picture of the
hiker at Abol Bridge. I would love to see that...

Now, I've run into that east/west arguement before, and it really does amuse me.
First, it's comparing apples and oranges. The trails are different, but to me
that doesn't mean either one is better, just different... what I seek in hiking
is often in my head, my feet and backpack are transportation and support systems
to get my head where I want it to be. Sure, the views in the Sierras are
mind-boggling, I've also had some incredible afternoons while walking through
"green tunnel". I'll have to admit to being more of an eastern hiker (because
that's where I live). Not to pick on western hikers, but I've had them complain
to me about the green tunnel and road crossings (and on the AT 90% are secondary
roads with no traffic), and while they're complaining they have to stop talking
while a jet flies over and all the noise bounces off the rocks around you,
something I found more intrusive than walking across 12 feet of pavement. Not
that they're wrong, or I'm right, it's whatever your own expectations are when
you leave the trailhead....

Skeeter