Re: "Failing" a throughhike. was Re: [at-l] Bryson Bashing

I _know_ exactly what you mean. I left my section hike at Woody Gap due to
too much of the wrong gear, loss of fun, and lack of tent with rain ahead.
I felt like a wuss, and even my wife endorsed that verdict. I was lucky to
get back on trail within 2 days, but I felt a great deal of shame.

You know what? I had a great deal more fun and confidence, even with a
leaky tent and horrible rain - on the return trip. Go for it! Don't be too
concerned about "low profile", as I found very few who knew anything about
any of us cyber hikers. In North Georgia, we are all a bunch of hopeful but
questionable set of knees and gear. The only shame is never returning to
the unfinished task.

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA.