Re: "Failing" a throughhike. was Re: [at-l] Bryson Bashing

>. But I would
>really REALLY like to hear from those who decided to stop their hike for
>non-physical reasons. (Unlike KC or NDTurtle).

I would have to say,,,that physical reason is what really "p-owed" me
off,,,I was determined NOT to get off the trail because of a "physical"
injury. As written in my journal,,,I suffered almost everyday from sore
feet,,,really sore feet and then really really sore feet! I was NOT going to
let a physical thing get me OFF the trail, I told others,,,If I get off the
trail I will get off because "I" want to,,,,NOT because of some physical
injury. I walked through all kinds of physical pain,,,Now,,,that is the
reason it is going to take so long for my toe to heal,,,cause "I" didn't
have enough sense to get off the trail when I first injured it.
Anyway,,,what I am trying to say is that,,,,I don't think I would have had
as much as a problem getting off the trail if "I" had decided to get
off,,,does that make any sense? It was more devastating to get off the trail
because of an injury,,,It wasn't "my" decision. KC