Re: [at-l] Bill Bryson

In a message dated 9/28/99 10:55:02 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
ssharpe@WELLESLEY.EDU writes:

<< I really enjoyed Bill Bryson's
 book.  It was sort
 of "The AT for idiots", and I thought it was really funny.  Sorry some of
 us took offense
 at his statement that after 800 miles he "Hiked the AT", >>

No flame here.  I also thought the book was funny and he did  "hike the AT",
just not all of it.  Perhaps he didn't hike the 800 miles.

I am surprised that he quit in the middle of the 100 mile wilderness, at that
point in the book it almost seemed contrived.

Sly