[at-l] Books---

Kristen, the book that worked best for me is Jean Deeds's book, "There Are Mountains to Climb".  I hear murmurings about her charging people to hike with her now, and maybe charging to speak to groups, but my mother, who was always terrified about my hiking, has read it twice.  Now when I go out, she just says, "Bye."  Jean is just about my age, too.  Although she's a fellow Hoosier, I've never gotten a chance to see her.  I remember when she was out the first year, friends in Indy told me about her.  Later, they told me about her broken ankle.  She wrote articles for the Indy paper on a fairly regular basis.  Leslie