Re: [at-l] HATT 2000 and other stuff

>I think it would be great if all of you that were participating in this
wore some kind of brightly colored T-Shirt or >something to distinguish you
from the rest of the hikers. I will be doing a thru-hike in 2000, and I
personally would >like to shake the hand of whoever is cruising past me at
that point of my hike.

last years aldha shirt would do :)   BRIGHT YELLOW!!!!!!

when i ever i wear it people say "you do that stuff!" or "you have done that
stuff!"  and i say not yet but i try pretty hard i am planning on it.  Then
they take a step back.  heheh oh boy i hate this area i live in.

on another note:
I was given a eye opening statement from a lady of "wow you you went all the
way over there, impressive" talking about a really short 1.2 mile trail this
person was also wearing gear like they were a freaking store out on display
it was amazing... hehe I guess you have to start some where.  my sister who
was with me after about 5 minute of dead silence as we walked off said "did
she say what i think she said"  and "i said i think so."  we were silent
until the car after that.

 i must say the 1.2 mile hike was very very nice and the weather was the
best. i must do that walk again later in the year when there are less people
in the area though and the leaves are gone. the views would have been great.
very short hike i wish i coudl have spent much more time. but i was with my
sister who is not the type to continue on after going to see something.

the rest of the trail does nto interest her and even when i scrambled up
rocks and such to try to see over the trees she was content with hearing it
was a great view up there.  she is getting more into it though slowly.
since she start she had acuired a fear of heights though isnt that odd.
anyone have similar experiences

Wisperlight