Re: [at-l] Feelix and the water in the Smokies

kahley7 wrote:

> Flex, (as my spellchecker insists he be called) just called and reported:

Flex is my younger brother. He is a bodybuilder. He built the body of a '57 Chevy
once.

> the only water between Newfound Gap and Charlie's Bunion is Icewater Springs,
> but you have to go to the second spring which is another 100yds down.
> Flow about a quart every 2-3 minutes.

This is true. The flow wasn't gushing, but I would have given my left, um,
earring for water like this last year. The water at Mt. Collins is flowing very
nicely. I left a can of Coke in it. Possibly still cold...
The spring at Dav. Gap S. is flowing very nicely, too.

> When applying for his permit, the Ranger reported few hikers due to water
> situation.

I did not apply for a permit as I did no overnight hiking. I was just rappin'
with the ranger and ranget.

> The rehab at the shelter is nice with no fence.  He would have preferred
> incandescent to florescent lighting fixtures and the wait time for the
> modem lines
> was waaaaay too long.

This was mostly because Waldo was using more than his share. Does anybody know
who donated those fluorescent lights? Too bright...

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA 98