Re: [at-l] Re: oooops Stiches vs Floyd

In a message dated 9/20/99 2:56:29 PM EDT, kahley7@ptd.net writes:

<< Yes..that's it I think.  I had deleted your note and only remembered that
 the river started
 with a P and assumed they were the same.
 I only knew that I didn't have a hope of spelling it.
 Ahhhh.........assumptions....dangerous things.

The Piscataquis River, which has to be forded is 3.3 mile south of Monson,
Maine. It is another 5.4 miles farter south to the west Branch of the
Piscataquis River, it is also a ford.

Wildbill
PS  With a AT Data Book, near the computer.

Cc:            "AT-L" <at-l@backcountry.net>
From:          "Kenneth R. Knight" <krk@home.msen.com>
Date:          Mon, 20 Sep 99 18:07:06 -0400
Subject:       Re: [at-l] Clear Skies

On 9/20/99 8:43 AM W F Thorneloe, MD thornel@ibm.net wrote:

>As we get toward cold weather, it is important to have warm drink. Also,
>remember to start packing Jello with your first aid kit. This is an
>excellent sugar and electrolyte warm drink for hypothermia.

Love it. I did not know this. I assume you just toss the jello mix into
some warmed up water and stir it in. Right? One great thing about this,
and similar, list is that you can start one conversation and learn
something comletely new in the process.

  ** Ken **

**        krk@home.msen.com           http://home.msen.com/~krk     **