[at-l] "Listers" and the Gathering 99 - East

Hello Listers,

Last year at the ALDHA Gathering I was appointed as contact person for the
"Listers".  I have received a request from Karine "Blister Sister" Gathering
99 East Coordinator asking the "Listers" to put on a workshop at the
Gathering this year.  According to Karine we have caused some curiosity
about backpacking email lists and what they are.  For those who do not know.
Us "Listers" have been meeting at the Gathering-East for the past few years.
We had a great Mini-Gathering at the Gathering 98 last year with over 100
people.  Getting to meet in person other "Listers" is a lot of fun.  I have
replied to Karine that we will put on a workshop and she has added us to the
weekend schedule.  Now that I have gone and done this I am looking for some
help to do the workshop.  I propose we do a panel made up from "Listers"
from each of the major email lists and news groups.  Because each
backpacking list and news group has its own flavor I think this would give a
good illustration.  Each person could describe their list and how to join
it.  I have a volunteer who is willing to make up a handout with, how to
join, addresses etc.  My intent on doing it this way is to give the largest
exposure to a variety of backpacking lists and newsgroups.  Is anyone
interested in being part of this panel?  On the other hand, is there another
idea on what we can do?

What would us "Listers" like to do at this years Gathering?  Last year we
had a sign-in, a quasi area to camp, a couple of specific times to meet each
other, a luncheon and a photo session.  Any ideas for this year?
Volunteers?

Beau Bushor N1MJD
    "bleeder guy"

Backpacking coming events:
There will be loads of backpacking activities including special guest
speakers, slide shows, presentations, equipment reviews, and lots of just
plain fun.
**ALDHA - East "Gathering 99", October 8, 9, 10, 11 (Columbus Day weekend)
in Hanover, NH, http://www.aldha.org
**ALDHA - West "Gathering 99", October 1 - 3, At the Mazama Lodge Mt Hood,
OR.
http://www.gorp.com/nonprof/aldhaw/