Re: [at-l] Self-defense seminars for hikers

I wouldn't, but I do not feel endangered in the woods.

I suspect you may attract others who have been assaulted or fear assault.
Unfortunately, I have learned that awareness and avoidance are skills than
many people lack. This places them in danger, and learning means of dealing
with danger has value. I suspect that police educational programs and the
like would be of benefit, but that there is a commercial value in adding a
defensive/violent skill to that education. I would at least hope this skill
would reduce the temptation to bring a g** on the trail.

But who has a pole that doesn't recognize that it has more than one function?

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA