RE: [at-l] GSMNP hike

Temps range from 60's to 80's at lower Tn. valley elevations.  Although I   haven't been to the top lately, expect lows in the 40's to highs in 60's   by next weekend.  Of course, the heat could still be here and be much   warmer.   We have been getting milder Fall temps the last few days.

Water will be your biggest concern.  I am not familiar with the specific   springs that you will need to use, but the entire area is still very dry   after a late summer drought.  There is some ground water that is feeding   the larger streams such as the Middle and West Prongs of the Little   Pigeon and the Little River near Cades Cove, but they are very low.

take care

David